Job Title: Building Surveyor
Job type: Permanent
Work Location: Manchester
Salary: 38k-40k plus bonus
Job Description :
If you are chartered or working towards your MRICS you could be offered an opportunity to work
for a market leading firm of international property consultants based in the UK. The firm provides
comprehensive property advice to public and private sector organisations and our clients –and
hold some of the largest property portfolios in the country. This company will give you all the
training and support you need for a stable career as a building surveyor.
- To provide first-rate building consultancy advice to clients in both the public and private
- To take direct responsibility for day to day management of several important clients of the firm.
- To build a portfolio of key client relationships, both internally and externally, built upon
- technical expertise and outstanding communication skills.
- To undertake and manage a wide range of challenging instructions including dilapidations,
- neighbourly matters, due diligence and project work.
- To contribute to the continuing growth and expansion of Building Consultancy within the firm.
- Ideally MRICS or close to achieving membership.
- Able to show relevant experience across a full range of building surveying duties, gained
- within a professional surveying practice.
- Experience in dilapidations, commercial building surveys and due diligence, Party Wall
- matters, Contract Administration/Project Work and Planned Maintenance.
- Well organised, efficient, using initiative and working to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, coupled with an eye for details, a
- commitment to excellence and developing strong client relationships.
- Possess a proactive approach to problem solving and ability to follow these through to a
- satisfactory conclusion.
- Proven IT skills, including high-level Microsoft Word and Excel competencies.
- Flexible, confident and self-motivated with a real desire to deliver excellent customer service.
- Positive attitude and willing to learn with and develop the team.
- Able to identify areas of commercial opportunity for future development.
Salary and benefits:
- Salary: competitive within the market, professional experience and qualifications
- Car allowance
- Performance related staff profit share scheme
- 26 days’ holiday, plus Bank Holidays and days at Christmas and New Year.
- Pension scheme membership (after initial probationary period)
- Life/Accident insurance
- Private Medical Cover
- Fitness Allowance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Interest Free Rental Deposit Loan
- Employee assistance programme
- Enhanced maternity pay after two years’ service