Project Quantity Surveyor – Wandsworth, London – Educati
My client is a fast track construction company, using a modular building solution to deliver high quality, turnkey, design and build projects. They operate in the Educational, Healthcare and Leisure sectors in the UK and Ireland with offices in Dublin, London, Belfast and Cork.
Due to continued expansion in the UK, they currently have a vacancy for a Project Quantity Surveyor based out of their London office.
- Upcoming projects are predominantly in the Educational sector, so experience in this area would be desirable but not essential.
- Exposure to fast track office Fit-out and D&B projects would also be an advantage.
- 5+ years’ proven experience of working with a medium to large Main Contractor in a Project Quantity Surveyor position.
- You must be capable of taking commercial responsibility for the delivery of fast track projects between £5m & £10m.
- UK experience is beneficial, though not essential.
Key attributes of the Project Quantity Surveyor role include:
- Degree qualification or equivalent
- Good understanding of building technology and construction processes
- Strong IT skills
- Committed and hard working
- Organised, with good time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Can adapt to different tasks quickly, efficiently and confidently
- Capable of working in an autonomous or team orientated environment
- Developer or large Main Contractor experience would be an advantage,
- but not essential
The Project QS’s role will involve but not be limited to the following Commercial functions:
- Ensure Project Bond, Insurances etc are in place, prior to commencement of project
- Prepare detailed procurement report in conjunction with Project Manager / Site Manager
- Prepare detailed Subcontract works package for Tender
- Manage subcontract queries during Tendering process
- Prepare Tender Analysis for review by Commercial Manager and Project Manager
- Prepare and issue Contract documents
- Review and sign off Subcontractors monthly account valuations
- Conduct regular site visits to maintain awareness of all activities on‐site
- Monitor and submit and Client Variations and CR register for approval
- Prepare fortnightly Cost & Procurement Reports for review by Commercial Manager
- Prepare monthly interim valuations including visiting site
- Agree all subcontractors final accounts
- Prepare and submit final account to Client
- Prepare subcontractor evaluation report for updating supply chain register
- Periodic assistance to estimating department in preparation of works packages for tender.
on, Healthcare And Leisure Projects