Our clients are a long-established Brighton property firm with a respected and revered Professional Services Department that provides accurate and detailed valuation advice their customers. All surveyors are RICS registered, with expertise in property law and excellent knowledge of the county of Sussex and surrounding area.
Managing a portfolio of residential & mixed-use blocks and estates on behalf of our client’s Freehold customers, RMC’s and RTM Companies located along the South Coast of England and predominantly in or around Brighton
- Monday to Friday 09:00 – 5:30 with 1 hr lunch break (37.5hrs)
- In addition to be available for client’s meetings during evenings and weekends
- To be on call (by telephone) for Saturday help desk cover approximately every 6 weeks, 9am-1pm)
Key responsibilities for this role include but not are not limited to:
- To provide an efficient and effective service to landlords and long leaseholders, including contractual and financial management.
- To develop and maintain a culture of good public relations and customer care.
- To attend monthly department meetings and weekly Property Manager meetings and to present progress reports to the Head of Department on a fortnightly basis.
- To prepare and issue service charge budgets to quarterly deadlines.
- To review draft annual service accounts prior to issue to external accountants, to sign and issue finalised accounts to our client’s customers and leaseholders.
- To carry out routine (normally six monthly) and emergency inspections of properties and prepare inspection reports for internal action and reference.
- To ensure compliance requirements in respect to health and safety including fire risk are assessed as required appointing accredited professional where appropriate and to ensure actions are completed against assessed and required deadlines
- To diagnose basic defects and put forward suitable remedies for repairs and to engage Surveyors/Structural Engineers to complete diagnostic investigations where appropriate.
- To prepare basic long-term maintenance plans and to engage Surveyors to prepare more complex long-term capital expenditure plans.
- To assist Administrators in handling enquiries from lessees relating to repairs, general service charge queries and all aspects of property management.
- To read, understand and apply the requirements of leases pertaining to Residential & Mixed-Use Block Management, particularly in the identification and discharge of covenants as they apply to responsibilities for maintenance and repair.
- To produce specifications for cyclical maintenance (e.g., Internal redecorations) and contract/term maintenance agreements (e.g. cleaning, gardening, lifts, entry phone systems), to draw up tender documents, review tenders and appoint contractors.
- To administer S20 consultations in respect of qualifying major works.
- To liaise with Major Works Co-ordinator, Building Surveyor, or other external Building Surveying resources in respect of Section 20 projects.
- To draft and issue licences for alterations in consultation and at instruction of our clients customers
- To actively promote referrals & cross-selling of services within PS&B.
- To be motivated to generate income from services provided within the role and department and to promote and assist where possible in the acquisition of new business.
- To liaise with the accounts department in respect of financial matters
- To liaise with the insurance department in respect of insurance matters.
- To attend meetings of lessees, AGMs, and Resident Association meetings.
- To act as line manager for the appointment and management of on-site scheme managers and caretakers, both day and residential appointment
- To provide management information for pre-contract enquiries to PS&B management/legal enquiries administrator.
- Good level of experience and understanding of managing residential and mixed-use property and estate management.
- Committed to providing a high standard of customer care with excellent customer facing skills
- Be a team player.
- A sound knowledge of various building construction forms and techniques for their repair and maintenance.
- An appreciation of the legislation framework pertaining to long leasehold residential and mixed-use management, both current and past, but most particularly an understanding of The Landlord and Tenant Acts 1985 & 1987 & The Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002 (CALRA).
- Good public relation and communication skills, orally and written, good telephone manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, e.g. freeholders, lessees, contractors, etc.
- Possess good IT skills, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel, QUBE (formerly Estate Computer System (ECS)), email, etc.
- An ability to read, understand and apply relevant clauses within residential leases, particularly in respect of the various covenants pertaining to responsibilities for repair and maintenance.
- IRPM qualified or part qualified or prepared to take the IRPM examinations.