My client are looking to recruit a Quantity Surveyor to join our expanding team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in surveying and be willing to contribute towards the future development and continued success of the company.
Established in 2007, we are a rapidly growing professional building contractor who undertake a range of housing and commercial projects across the South West. They work closely with large national housing developers, maintaining good relationships and forming a renowned reputation by encouraging their core values of quality and assurance.
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Quantity Surveying, or equivalent
- Good understanding of construction methods, specifications and the ability to read, understand and measure drawings
- Display high capability of extracting quantities from drawings and ensure accurate pricing is delivered with specific timeframes
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with ability to manage multiple priorities/projects and meet tight deadlines
- Literate and highly numerate with excellent attention to detail; able to gather, interpret and present data to facilitate preparation of budgets
- Computer literate and ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office, Excel, Dropbox, AutoCAD (or equivalent) and bespoke packages
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Team player who can work flexibly and with people from a broad range of backgrounds and experience while using own initiative.
- Self-starter and ability to organise the workday around assigned activities and priorities with minimum supervision and to contribute to the organisation’s reputation and success
- Confidence in negotiating with contractors and suppliers
- Must have a firm understanding of the building specifications to ensure all works undertaken by our in-house contractors, or sub-contractors comply with up to date Building specifications
- Able to contribute towards the resolution of disputes, problems and cost issues
- Clean Driver’s Licence
- Some experience in the industry (preferred)
- Liaise with the site teams and take the lead with contract administration and issues, including record keeping.
- Deal with a constant stream of incoming calls from site which will need a quick and re-active response.
- Liaise with site supervisors about on-going works on site
- Liaise with the operational management team and advise on all matters relating to Contract and Commercial issues
- Visit sites to carry out valuations and record information where required
- Attend pre-and post-tender interviews and client’s meetings
- Maintain good relationships with potential clients and professionals to promote further tender invitations
- Liaise with the customer on an ongoing basis to determine progress of tenders
- Develop tender strategy and continuously monitor
- Review and assess tender documentation ensuring all documents are received and are correct
- Compile letter of offer, tender schedules, programmers and other items required by the tender
- Once tender has been successful, coordinate and arrange for contract exchange
- Prepare handover material of tender for the project team
- Once job has been won, request final drawings and work through them to ensure any changes/extra quotes are actioned.
- Receive and action orders
- Obtain the most competitive quotes by understanding current market trends
- Review contract details relevant to the company’s ability to deliver under the contract
- At all times to represent the company in the best possible way, be courteous and professional, working to the highest ethical standards
- Ad hoc duties assigned by your line manager in connection with operational requirements, ensuring works are completed within required time frames.
- Constantly look at ways to maximise profitability
- Continually seek and identify new and/or alternative business opportunities or initiatives which may impact on the overall competitiveness, profitability and growth of the business
- Measuring and quantity take-off from drawings
- Producing bills of quantities
- Sourcing pre-project information
- The candidate will be required to survey defected works and buildings and give options for solutions and remedies.
|Contact Name:||Russell Roberts|
|Salary:||£45,000 – £55,000 PA + Package|