Job Title: Woodwork Technician
Reporting to: Outside Operations Manager
Salary: up to £26,000 per annum DOE
Location: Tetbury, GL8
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 45 hours per week Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 5.00pm
Woodlodge Products Ltd is the UK’s leading supplier of garden pots with a reputation for excellence and expertise in the design and distribution of gardenware and horticulture products. The family business has been trading since 1987, prioritising quality and end-to-end customer service. Woodlodge distributes products to over 2,000 garden centres and retail outlets nationwide.
We now have an opportunity for a Woodwork Technician to join our Workshop due to increased customer demand for pot benches and stands.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with health, safety and environmental requirements, for example safe use of personal and respiratory protective equipment, local exhaust ventilation, statutory regulations and industry standards/codes of practice;
- Comply with organisational and statutory environmental and sustainability considerations, for example disposal of waste, recycling of materials and efficient use of resources;
- Plan work to undertake wood product manufacturing operations;
- Read and interpret specifications, diagrams and work instructions, and following these instructions;
- Select, set up and operate machinery, tools and equipment used to produce wood components;
- Use and maintain jigs and templates for wood product manufacturing operations;
- Position wood components and apply manual and mechanical cramps to ensure products are secured and in accordance with the work specification;
- Assemble wood components to the work specification and given tolerances;
- Sand materials and de-nib;
- Apply adhesives to wood components;
- Apply finishes to wood products, for example stains, sealers, basecoats and paint finishes;
- Instal fixtures and fittings to wood products, for example ironmongery, seals, ancillary metal work and fixings, nail plates and staples;
- Check and inspect work to ensure it meets the work specification; undertake rectification or rework where necessary;
- Report work outcomes and/or problems;
- Complete work documentation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Hold minimum Level 2 NVQ/Equivalent in any Carpentry or Joinery specific Qualification and/or 2 years’ equivalent experience;
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritise appropriately;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective team relationships;
- Capable of lifting heavy items on a regular basis;
- Full UK driving licence and access to own vehicle due to remote location.
- Knowledge and understanding of the garden centre/wholesale/FMCG industry.
- Tenacious with an eye for detail;
- Resilient and self-motivated;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Trustworthy and reliable;
- Personable, team player but also able to work alone.
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays;
- Contributory pension scheme;
- Fresh fruit/refreshments in the office;
- Company social events;
- Death in service benefit of 3 x annual salary following successful completion of probation;
- Bonus scheme;
- EAP programme;
- An inclusive working environment;
- A friendly and supportive culture.